Friday, January 31, 2014

What I learned from Number Systems...

This is not your typical math class where in you do a little solving and not the conventional way of solving. I did not expect to learn 'new numbers' here. I knew how to write numbers in Chinese and Mayan and Binary! It was so awesome.

The numbers we have now is not what it looks like before. The system today, Hindu-Arabic, was developed from different kinds of number systems and it was not an easy process because years and years of developing was needed. I also learned that 1 in Hindu-Arabic is different in Mayan or Binary because they have different bases. I thought that there was nothing very important about the history of numbers but I was mistaken. There is a very utmost importance because these numbers are what masks us in the internet, make it very hard to hack passwords of different accounts online. Although this are only numbers we are dealing with, there is also mathematics here of course because they were decoded through mathematics. So, no matter how much we hate or dread math, it is just everywhere my friend and we just have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment